I have beek keeping bust even though I seem to be doing nothing. I am working for my dad creating the publicity book for this past year and do that a few days this past week. I helped a friend pack up her apartment at UC (University of Cincinnati). They have a beautiful new apartment building set above the first floor of restaurants and banks etc. I think of it as Drexel in five years. I remember growing up in Cincinnati that they always had these big plans and now I actually see them in place and my friends enjoying the benefits of the nice suite-like apartments with views of all the sports complexes positioned in central campus for them. It is intersting to be on someone elses campus. I remember on college tours they all kind of felt foreign, but walking around UC I got the small feeling of being back at school. Wherever I walked, I was part of the socially accepted checking out of whoever was a "college kid."
I liked it but felt a bit wrong about it. These kids were not who I was going to see in class, or at the machine next to me in the DAC, or even at parties. The faces I was noticing were going to just be faces. They were not going to become some real part of my life.
Back to the idea of Drexel in five years, I read the Daily Digest email (sent to your Drexel email everyday), the Triangle (Our student run newspaper), and just hear the BIG news Papadakis has for Drex. The Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design's (awCoMad school) new building, more retail, new dorms are all in the making.
I get a bit jealous of the students who will be able to be a part of the great new buildings, but I remember that I was lucky to be a part of the first group to live in Race Street Residence.
When I graduate the construction I had to walk through will be towards the end of the processes (or so they say) and I will be off to return and sound just like my parents in saying, "When I went to school here... there was" x y and z.
I know these next few weeks will fly by, and hopefully I will get to visit my friends who are at other college campuses what they are bragging about, but I cannot wait to come back to DRexel. That way when I walk down the street, I will be "checking out" faces that look a bit more familiar... ahhhemmm facebook.... and will be a part of my next three years.
Adios for now. Sorry for always taking the inspirational speaker role but it is just to fun to pass up and it gets be even more pumped to come back when I am bored at home. Ha.
Friday, August 31, 2007
In lust with college campuses (and rainboots).
Posted by Tamar at 3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment