Saturday, September 1, 2007

The RAINBOOTS.

I totally forgot to explain my rainboot obession, which ends up relating to Drex's admissions office, so read my story:

I was shopping last year on Chestnut street at all the cheapy yet cute stores. I have needed rainboots all year and found an adorable pair
at one of the shoestores by Buffalo Exchange. They were Sugar rainboots in yellow patent leather for $60... way to much for plastic shoes.

So I passed them by and figured I would come back when they were on sale. I left in June without rainboots and realized I NEED that pair.

After hours of intensive google-ing and research I came up blank for the boots. I called the shoestore next to Buffalo Exchange, and the said they did not ever sell these NECCESARY boots. I found the corporate office of Sugar shoes, and left a message for the Wholesale person for the state of Pennsylvania.

My message began, "Hello, This is Tamar. I am a student at Drexel University in Philadelphia. I am calling as an Ambassador, which are the tour guides and representative of the Admissions Office. I was wondering if there was any way to make the rainboot from last season's my official tour shoe, as tours in the rain walking backwards require a rainboot. Anyways, I would love to talk to you more, so when you return to the office please call me on my cell phone at..."

Nuts I know. So I just returned from a small hippie town an hour away from Cincinnati, and of course saw the boots in a small boutique on sale, but they did not have my size. I jotted down the name and random array of numbers on the box. With this new information, I returned to my first weapon of choice: Google. I found two websites with the boots but no YELLOW, one of Drexel's colors and much cuter than the black or bronze. I emailed the two customer services of the sites and recieved a response of hwne they get new styles the next day.

SO hopefully by the time I return I will have these troubling boots. And can walk backwards on my campus tours, through puddles, in my rainboots. Tours in the rain are said to be better as you see the campus when the sun is not shining and get the feel of the school.

0 comments: