I cannot wait to be back at Drexel.
I know that when I get back to school a have a schedule waiting for me, and hoping to keep me busy all every day.
I thrive on being scheduled. I never thought so, until coming to school as a freshman. You can get bored having so much freedom, and dorm rooms are only so big. I began to look to fill my schedule with walks into the city or events posted around campus. Then I began finding rituals, or weekly things to do. I became an active member in the Ambassador program giving two afternoon tours a week, and began thinking about doing layout for The Triangle, our independent student newspaper.
By the end of freshman year, I was in both. Tours Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, and sports layout Thursday nights. I liked knowing what I had to do, other than homework.
Being at home this week, I have some things to do: pack, clean up my rooms, double check on moving in information, etc.
But none of it seemed to be affected anyone other than myself. I realized I have more of a drive to do it all when I know I am making a difference.
So in one week, about, I will have things to do all the time. Not in a overwhelming way, but in I am have had vacation and am ready to work now.
Adios.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
I’ve got soul but I’m not a soldier.
Posted by Tamar at 8:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment