Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Best of Hans 2006-2007. Will I miss the Handschumacher Dining Center?

Today I finally decided that I am not going to have a meal plan for sophomore year and instead just put money and my card and may visit Hans, but I figure living in a house I will eat more meals there and have more groceries than what fit in the mini-fridge in the dorms. Since I have been of the meal plan for almost two months now, and almost forgetting what I would eat every other day, I figured I would reminisce about my favorites from this year...

Salad bar is a classic. If they are out of my favorite dressings (Ranch and balsamic vinaigrette) just ask a Hans employee, trust me the dressing makes its great.
Ice Cream sandwiches. With the addition of an ice cream machine, I could not help but eat Pecan, Mint, Butterfingers, and basically every flavor they had. But the trick is put a cookie face down in a small plastic bowl, lower lever to get a small birds-nest shape on the cookie, and then put another cookie face up on top. Chow down on your home-made ice cream sandwich.
Veggie Burgers with salad dressing. Sometimes I just can't do meat so the veggie burgers do the protein trick and with dressing they DO have flavor (of the dressing).
Mexico's Nacho Cheese. The Mexican station is my trip to Mexico and I use Mexico's nacho cheese on fries and anything that needs a little kick.
The Wrap Station plus the Salad Bar's delicacies. Ask the friendly Hans employee to leave your tortilla wrap unwrapped after you get your meat and cheese and walk the short trip to the salad bar and load on the veggies and tasty delights to make a hearty meal.

...Fortune Cookies. At every meal I had at Hans this past year I took a fortune cookie for me and everyone else I was sitting with. No matter what. Hand them out. They sometimes taste funny, like the Neapolitan ones that are just weird , but you have to say your Chinese word aloud. Then others have to guess what it means. I swear my Chinese improved over the year without any formal training, just the fortune cookie words at every meal.


Freshman are required to have the unlimited meal plan option so your parents don't have to worry that you are not eating. But if you do have any questions about specifics, diabetic or kosher, here is the link to the dining services website, who are actually so friendly and there for your dining needs. Ha.

0 comments: