Friday, February 1, 2008

MIKA concert last night.


My friend Melinda went the day before the concert to get our tickets, and later that afternoon the venue ended up selling out. I had not been to a concert in a while and was excited to be going to the Electric Factory. We took the blue line to Spring Garden and walked just a few blocks to hear the opening band playing. Of course we were fashionably late as I had to wait for Samir and his friend, as well as Melinda to choose her outfit, before we could leave.

I kept my phone in my backpocket on vibrate all night, so I could try to text and find some other Drex friends I knew were going. Arriving a bit late we were in the rear of the standing room only, but managed to be 'that' group and get out way to front 5 rows. I love going to concerts to see the weird mix of fans- for MIKA it included mostly college aged crowd, but there were 13 year old posses of girls and middle aged couples. It was super fun and fun to be jam packed for two hours to be able to sing along to his ultra-pop songs.

You need a bit of 80's faux pop every once and a while.

0 comments: