Tuesday, May 22, 2007

YOUR longest summer ever.

Drexel beats the system. Our trimesters, or quarters, or whatever they are technically called, start the year late and proportionally end late.

My friends from different schools across the country are mostly out of school, my sister's graduation was this past weekend, the weather is finally glorious every day, and I am still in class.

I decided it is ok that they are out, and I am in. YOU are about to have the longest summer of your life, and longer than any of your friends will ever have. YOU have four months to get ready for college, hang out and do nothing, and work and make money. YOU have that extra month were your friends are adjusting to school, and you are home. YOU will survive. I did.

Last summer, I was a counselor, which was amazing, and then hung out and visited friends the rest of the summer. I loved it. Do something fun. Roadtrip and go somewhere new. The one of four years of college I am almost done with went by so fast.

Here is where we beat the system, when we graduate we will not only of had the four month summer YOU are starting, but we will of had co-op/co-ops, and graduate to find a job. Who else can say that? Even though I am about to have my last summer, it's worth it. I will get to work for six months doing graphic deisgn somewhere I want, hopefully on a subject I love.

Enjoy your summer. I will in three weeks for sure.
Peace.

0 comments: